Earlier this year, the Silicon Valley VP of Sales Forum hosted five high tech CEOs for a panel discussion focused on developing effective relationships between the CEO and VP Sales. The panelists were candid and transparent in their opinions and openly shared their observations and expectations. This is the first installment in a three-part series sharing insights from that CEO panel. Question to CEOs: What traits or attributes do like to see in a VP Sales? Answers: CEOs appreciate a VP of Sales that …
- Is capable of getting things done both internally and externally.
- Has the ability to analyze, interpret and act on data.
- Works to make his/her team successful and is accountable for his/her team.
- Is a team player on the Executive Team (vs. focus on their own self-interest)
- Builds and nurtures trust with the CEO and Executive Team.